Microsoft supports Linux’s XDP project and launches XDP for Windows open source project
Since Linux Kernel version 4.8, the Linux team has been integrating a high-performance networking project called eXpress Data Path (XDP). The project has received support from a number of large tech companies including Amazon, Google, Intel, and allows applications to achieve low latency and high throughput in the network. Now, Microsoft has joined the ranks, and also launched the XDP for Windows open source project based on XDP.
The company calls this its first contribution to the XDP community, and says it leans toward making the network data path truly cross-platform. Currently, XDP for Windows includes a network driver and a placeholder user-mode API. Microsoft emphasizes that the project is still in active development, but should be ready for testing and prototyping. The company is also working with other companies and adding support for XDP to the MsQuic protocol.
Microsoft notes that anyone can clone the XDP for Windows repository and start building, as the project aims to accelerate network performance in a variety of scenarios. The company is adding more features like checksum offloading and integration with eBPF for Windows, but in the meantime, you can check out XDP for Windows on GitHub.
- 2022-08-20 Google is seeking to improve search results by preventing unoriginal content
- 2022-08-16 Microsoft will turn off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML on September 13
- 2022-08-15 Google releases Read Along for the web: Teaching children how to read
- 2022-08-14 Screencasts not recording in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? Here’s how to fix that
- 2022-08-11 Google Search’s answer snippets should now provide higher quality answers
- Hot Ranking
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How To Determine Whether PHP Is Good for My Website or WordPress?
- What is a scripting language
- What is an XML document declaration?
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- Latest Answer
family porno free video Answer 2022-04-12 22:06:03
free porno wc Answer 2022-04-04 17:47:28
binary options system strategy page Answer 2022-04-01 03:42:00
binary options magnet scams elderly Answer 2022-03-29 14:06:24
แอพเปลี่ยนรูปเป็นภาพวาด Answer 2022-03-27 18:27:12