Google releases Read Along for the web: Teaching children how to read
Google has released a browser version of its “Read Along” Android app. The website, while still in beta, is up and running now.
The site includes hundreds of illustrated stories at a few different reading levels. Once kids select a story, they start reading into their device’s microphone. Words are highlighted in blue after they’ve read them, and mispronounced words are underlined in red; click an underlined word, and a virtual assistant, Diya, will pronounce it for you.
A screenshot of a story in Read Along. The text reads: Three buffaloes and four birds are going to drink water.
There may be math involved in some of these stories, just as a warning.
Supported browsers include Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, while others (including Safari) are coming soon, Google says. Stories are available in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Bengali, Telugu, Marathi, Tamil, Spanish, and Portuguese.
A screenshot of Read Along showing a row of Animals stories and a row of Families stories.
Stories are grouped by topic and level.
Google has also added new stories to Read Along’s collection, which will be available later this year in both the web and Android versions. These include adaptations of content from children’s video creators USP Studios and ChuChu TV, as well as alphabet and phonics books from education company Kutuki.
Read Along’s Android app has been used by more than 30 million kids since its launch in 2019. Not only will the move to desktop give kids more device options, but it will also allow many to read on larger screens. This is something teachers have noted as important to young learners, especially those with visual impairments.
- 2022-08-20 Google is seeking to improve search results by preventing unoriginal content
- 2022-08-16 Microsoft will turn off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML on September 13
- 2022-08-14 Screencasts not recording in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? Here’s how to fix that
- 2022-08-11 Google Search’s answer snippets should now provide higher quality answers
- 2022-06-09 Xbox bringing new gaming features to Microsoft Edge
- Hot Ranking
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How To Determine Whether PHP Is Good for My Website or WordPress?
- What is a scripting language
- What is an XML document declaration?
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- Latest Answer
family porno free video Answer 2022-04-12 22:06:03
free porno wc Answer 2022-04-04 17:47:28
binary options system strategy page Answer 2022-04-01 03:42:00
binary options magnet scams elderly Answer 2022-03-29 14:06:24
แอพเปลี่ยนรูปเป็นภาพวาด Answer 2022-03-27 18:27:12