How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
Microsoft’s free Windows 11 upgrade from Windows 10 is now rolling out. Microsoft is starting to offer the free upgrade to new devices that are still shipping with Windows 10, before making the OS available to other eligible existing hardware.
Not every existing PC running Windows 10 will be able to upgrade to Windows 11, though. Windows 11 will require Intel 8th Gen Coffee Lake or Zen 2 CPUs and up, TPM 2.0 (Trusted Platform Module) support, 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage. That leaves millions of PCs unable to officially upgrade to Windows 11, although there will be unsupported workarounds if you really want Windows 11.
Microsoft is also gradually rolling out Windows 11, so the free upgrade won’t be offered to all existing PCs that are officially supported just yet. All existing and eligible PCs should be offered the Windows 11 upgrade by mid-2022, according to Microsoft.
Here’s how to get Windows 11 today, if you have a new PC that just shipped with Windows 10 or a device that’s allowed to upgrade to Windows 11.
Check that your PC is officially supported through Microsoft’s PC Health Check app.
Back up all of your important documents, apps, and data.
On your Windows 10 PC, head into Settings > Update & Security > Windows Update.
Check for updates.
If the free Windows 11 upgrade is available, you’ll see an option to download and install.
The Windows 11 upgrade prompt. Image: Microsoft
Click download and install.
Follow the on-screen prompts and configure Windows 11 settings.
If you don’t see the free Windows 11 upgrade, and your PC is supported, then you might be able to avoid the wait using Microsoft’s new Installation Assistant.
- 2022-01-15 Google buys Central Saint Giles London offices for $1 billion
- 2022-01-13 GM is creating an online used car marketplace
- 2021-12-22 Google Voice now lets you set custom rules for phone calls
- 2021-12-04 The next N64 game for Nintendo Switch Online is Paper Mario
- 2021-11-06 Google Stadia will finally let you join multiplayer games without an invite
- Hot Ranking
- What is an XML document declaration?
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- Why don’t the fonts show up on other computers?
- What is a scripting language
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- What is a URL
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- Is the background tiling effect good for small pictures
- Latest Answer
website Answer 2021-12-16 22:06:14
YbEniv Answer 2021-12-05 20:14:49
Chat Answer 2021-10-27 07:56:33
xiaoma Answer 2021-08-28 16:16:53
一位WordPress评论者 Answer 2021-08-14 18:17:14