Microsoft will turn off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML on September 13
Microsoft has revealed its updated plans to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 (Transport Layer Security Protocol) in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML that powers the WebView control. The company announced plans to phase out TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in October 2018 but later had to revise its schedule due to the pandemic unfolding in 2020. Now Microsoft is ready to pull the plug on outdated security standards in its deceased browsers.
According to a message posted on the Windows Message Center website, Microsoft will disable old TLS protocols in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML on September 13, 2022. IT Admins who want to disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 before the announced date can do that using dedicated rules in Group Policy Editor.
Another thing worth mentioning is that Microsoft is not deprecating old Transport Layer Security protocols. Companies that need TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for compatibility reasons can re-enable them through Group Policy or in Tools > Internet Options > Advanced inside Internet Explorer.
If you use Microsoft Edge Chromium (or WebView2 based on Chromium), the upcoming changes should not bother you, as the company turned off old TLS protocols in Edge 84 on July 16, 2020.
- 2022-08-20 Google is seeking to improve search results by preventing unoriginal content
- 2022-08-15 Google releases Read Along for the web: Teaching children how to read
- 2022-08-14 Screencasts not recording in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? Here’s how to fix that
- 2022-08-11 Google Search’s answer snippets should now provide higher quality answers
- 2022-06-09 Xbox bringing new gaming features to Microsoft Edge
- Hot Ranking
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- What is an XML document declaration?
- What is a scripting language
- How To Determine Whether PHP Is Good for My Website or WordPress?
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- Latest Answer
family porno free video Answer 2022-04-12 22:06:03
free porno wc Answer 2022-04-04 17:47:28
binary options system strategy page Answer 2022-04-01 03:42:00
binary options magnet scams elderly Answer 2022-03-29 14:06:24
แอพเปลี่ยนรูปเป็นภาพวาด Answer 2022-03-27 18:27:12