Google Voice now lets you set custom rules for phone calls
Google Voice now lets you create rules that dictate how the service responds to incoming calls from specific contacts. And yes, this includes having Google Voice automatically ignore certain contacts for you.
Even though Google Voice already has a call forwarding feature, the new rules let you customize it even further — you can set up a rule that forwards calls from a contact (or a group of contacts) to any of your linked numbers.
And if you don’t want to receive a forwarded call at all, you can create a rule that sends certain callers straight to voicemail. In line with this option, you can also assign contacts different voicemail greetings and screen calls from the contacts of your choice.
To create a rule, head to voice.google.com. (Keep in mind that you can’t create rules or manage them through the Google Voice mobile apps — you can only view them.) From the browser-based site, hit “Settings” in the top right corner of the screen (represented by a cog icon). From there, click “Calls” and choose “Create a rule.”
You can then pick which contacts you want to create a rule for, as well as choose whether you want to screen the call, send it to voicemail, set a custom voicemail greeting, or forward the call to a specific number. To see all the details on how to set up each separate rule, head to Google’s support page.
- 2022-01-15 Google buys Central Saint Giles London offices for $1 billion
- 2022-01-13 GM is creating an online used car marketplace
- 2021-12-04 The next N64 game for Nintendo Switch Online is Paper Mario
- 2021-11-06 Google Stadia will finally let you join multiplayer games without an invite
- 2021-11-06 Microsoft fixes Windows 11 features failing due to an expired certificate
- Hot Ranking
- What is an XML document declaration?
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- Why don’t the fonts show up on other computers?
- What is a scripting language
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- What is a URL
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- Is the background tiling effect good for small pictures
- Latest Answer
website Answer 2021-12-16 22:06:14
YbEniv Answer 2021-12-05 20:14:49
Chat Answer 2021-10-27 07:56:33
xiaoma Answer 2021-08-28 16:16:53
一位WordPress评论者 Answer 2021-08-14 18:17:14