Dutch document say Google Analytics might be banned soon
Following reports yesterday that said Austria’s data protection body found Google Analytics violates GDPR, a new document from the Dutch data protection organisation, Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, has been published with a warning that Google Analytics may soon be banned following an investigation into the service. The main issue the data protection agencies have with the service is that it collects cookies that aren’t necessary and sends them back to the United States.
The document, entitled “Guide to setting up privacy-friendly Google Analytics” is prefaced with a note, Google Translate renders the message roughly as follows:
“Note: The use of Google Analytics may soon not be allowed. The Austrian privacy regulator completed an investigation into the use of Google Analytics in January 2022. According to the Austrian regulator, Google Analytics does not appear to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens is currently investigating two complaints about the use of Google Analytics in the Netherlands. Upon completion of that investigation in early 2022, the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens will be able to say whether Google Analytics is allowed or not.”
While the GDPR may ban the use of Google Analytics in its current state, it’s likely that Google will just alter the software so that it’s in compliance with the regulations. GDPR is an EU-wide regulation so unless it’s changed it might end up not being available in the 27 EU countries.
- 2022-08-16 Google officially rolls out Android 13 to Pixel phones
- 2022-06-10 Google Chrome’s on-device machine learning blocks noisy notification prompts
- 2022-06-10 Windows 11 rolls out a test build with tabs in File Explorer
- 2022-02-18 Windows 11 Pro will soon require a Microsoft Account
- 2022-01-13 Ubuntu 21.04 users need to upgrade their systems this week
- Hot Ranking
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How To Determine Whether PHP Is Good for My Website or WordPress?
- What is a scripting language
- What is an XML document declaration?
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- Latest Answer
family porno free video Answer 2022-04-12 22:06:03
free porno wc Answer 2022-04-04 17:47:28
binary options system strategy page Answer 2022-04-01 03:42:00
binary options magnet scams elderly Answer 2022-03-29 14:06:24
แอพเปลี่ยนรูปเป็นภาพวาด Answer 2022-03-27 18:27:12