Ubuntu 21.04 users need to upgrade their systems this week
It’s January 13 which means there’s just one week left until Canonical stops giving out updates for Ubuntu 21.04 ‘Hirsute Hippo’ which launched last April. As it’s an inter-LTS release, it only receives 9-months of updates, and then it’s time to move on. The best plan for people still running Ubuntu 21.04 is to upgrade to Ubuntu 21.10 and then to upgrade to Ubuntu 22.04 LTS (not available until April) before July 14.
If you’re not too sure which Ubuntu version you’re running, open Settings, and then on the left-hand pane scroll down to About. This will open a new page in Settings and you need to look for OS Name, next to which, will be the version of Ubuntu you’re running. If you’re on Ubuntu 21.04 or for some reason still on Ubuntu 20.10, then you need to get upgrading.
Upgrading is a simple matter, just open the Software Updater and wait for it to check for updates. Providing you haven’t messed with any settings you should see a button to upgrade your installation to the next version. If you do not, your system may not be looking for new Ubuntu versions, simply tap the Settings & Livepatch… button in the Software Updater then in the Updates tab ensure that Notify me of a new Ubuntu version is checking for any new version. In a few months when you get onto Ubuntu 22.04 LTS, you can change this setting again so that it only checks for long-term support versions which will mean that you do fewer upgrades.
Most people are probably on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS which came out in April 2020. If you’re still on this version, you can technically stay on it until April 23, 2025. With that said, Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and Ubuntu 24.04 LTS will be out by that date so you’ll have probably upgraded by that point anyway. Ubuntu 22.04 LTS is due for release on April 21, 2022.
- 2022-01-15 Dutch document say Google Analytics might be banned soon
- 2022-01-13 Microsoft poaches chip designer from Apple
- 2021-10-29 Google releases Chrome security update to patch actively exploited zero-day
- 2021-10-21 Google Calendar’s new focus blocks can auto-decline meetings for you
- 2021-10-07 Xbox Cloud Gaming is now fully powered by faster Xbox Series X hardware
- Hot Ranking
- What is an XML document declaration?
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- Why don’t the fonts show up on other computers?
- What is a scripting language
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- What is a URL
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- Is the background tiling effect good for small pictures
- Latest Answer
website Answer 2021-12-16 22:06:14
YbEniv Answer 2021-12-05 20:14:49
Chat Answer 2021-10-27 07:56:33
xiaoma Answer 2021-08-28 16:16:53
一位WordPress评论者 Answer 2021-08-14 18:17:14