Android’s new archiving functionality could free up 60% of your storage
Google has announced a new Android feature that enables “app archiving”, potentially freeing up 60% of your device’s storage through removing parts of apps that you’re not using.
Available to developers as part of the upcoming Bundletool 1.10, the new feature allows developers to create a new type of APK called “archived APKs.” As Google explains, these new archived APKs are very small APKs which preserve user data until the app is needed and restored fully.
Arriving to consumers sometime “later this year,” this new APK would allow users to “archive” their apps instead of completely uninstalling them, freeing up space temporarily while offering the utility of quickly and easily re-activating the apps once they’re needed again.
As Google explains in the Android Developers blog post, this feature wouldn’t just be useful for consumers who can’t quite commit to uninstalling an app, or who’re looking to free up some valuable storage space, as the feature will also benefit developers through “fewer uninstalls and substantially lower friction to pick back up with their favourite apps.”
While this feature is undoubtedly intriguing, admittedly giving you back 60% of your device’s storage might be a bit of a longshot, as it would require you to have nothing but apps on your phone. Despite this Android’s archived apps feature could still free up a good deal of space with the apps that you only use occasionally, making it definitely worthwhile to have once this feature launches later this year.
- 2022-08-20 Google is seeking to improve search results by preventing unoriginal content
- 2022-08-16 Microsoft will turn off TLS 1.0 and 1.1 in Internet Explorer and EdgeHTML on September 13
- 2022-08-15 Google releases Read Along for the web: Teaching children how to read
- 2022-08-14 Screencasts not recording in Ubuntu 22.04 LTS? Here’s how to fix that
- 2022-08-11 Google Search’s answer snippets should now provide higher quality answers
- Hot Ranking
- How to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 for free
- How to avoid duplicate form page submissions
- What is a weakly typed programming language
- Difference between line break markers and paragraph markers
- How to implement browser forward and backward functions for web form buttons
- What is window.postMessage in HTML5?
- The table layout is suddenly very confusing
- What is a scripting language
- How To Determine Whether PHP Is Good for My Website or WordPress?
- What is an XML document declaration?
- The role of the unordered list ul tag
- What is the difference between fixed and absolute?
- The impact of automatic caching on dynamic pages
- What values can be used for the background-position property?
- Latest Answer
family porno free video Answer 2022-04-12 22:06:03
free porno wc Answer 2022-04-04 17:47:28
binary options system strategy page Answer 2022-04-01 03:42:00
binary options magnet scams elderly Answer 2022-03-29 14:06:24
แอพเปลี่ยนรูปเป็นภาพวาด Answer 2022-03-27 18:27:12